NEWS
Wednesday March 21 2012
Guidolin and Mazzarri snub Inter

Francesco Guidiolin and Walter Mazzarri have distanced themselves from the Inter job as Marcelo Bielsa enters the frame.

The Nerazzurri are being tipped to show current boss Claudio Ranieri the door at the end of the season after a disappointing campaign at San Siro.

Amongst the list of possible replacements figure Udinese tactician Guidolin, after he recently won the Panchina d’Oro award, and Napoli mastermind Mazzarri.

“As I’ve already said on numerous occasions, I have never been contacted by Inter,” Guidolin made it clear.

“I can confirm that Udinese will be the last side that I will take charge of in Italy.”

Mazzarri, on the other hand, was said to have already discussed the possibility of a future with the Nerazzurri over a business lunch.

“The reports are a lie,” the former Sampdoria man commented. “I have a contract at Napoli until June 2013 and I intend to respect it.

“In my private life I dine with whoever I want, but these stories which I am hearing are not true.”

Meanwhile, the Corriere dello Sport is today suggesting that Argentine Bielsa is again on the radar of the Italian giants.

Inter made an effort to sign the South American tactician last summer, but he had already given his word to Athletic Bilbao.

The former national boss of Argentina and Chile, Bielsa is famed for his entertaining brand of football. His side recently dumped Manchester United out of the Europa League.

Sacked Chelsea boss Andre Villas Boas, France tactician Laurent Blanc and Cesare Prandelli of Italy are also being linked with the Beneamata.

Think you know your Italian football? Share your knowledge, tips and comments to win cash prizes in OLBG's tipster competition - £11,000 to be won monthly!

FOOTBALL ITALIA RELATED NEWS

TODAY'S FRONT PAGES