NEWS
Tuesday April 3 2012
‘Fixture move out of Inter’s hands’

The decision to move Cagliari-Inter 600 miles north from Sardinia to Trieste was made without Inter’s involvement, says director Ernesto Paolillo.

Yesterday saw confirmation of the news that Cagliari had received clearance from the League to play this coming weekend’s game with the Nerazzurri in the northern city of Trieste. The decision to move the fixture is a result of the club’s ongoing dispute with its local city council over required renovation to the Stadio Sant’Elia.

Inter’s CEO Paolilllo made the point of confirming his club’s position on the matter when it was put to him that San Siro outfit had pressured for the switch of the fixture, to avoid the long trip south they would have otherwise faced.

“It’s a choice agreed between the Rossoblu and the Lega Calcio,” Paolillo told Videolina.

“We had already made reservations and booked the airline tickets to Cagliari. In the Sardinian capitaly, moreover, we have always willingly played. The decision to play in Trieste has been agreed between Cagliari and the League. We had nothing to do with it.”

Think you know your Italian football? Share your knowledge, tips and comments to win cash prizes in OLBG's World Cup tipster competition - £10,000 to be won!

FOOTBALL ITALIA RELATED NEWS

TODAY'S FRONT PAGES