NEWS
Monday April 23 2012
Lo Monaco reveals Catania exit

Catania transfer guru Pietro Lo Monaco has confirmed that he will leave the Sicilian outfit in the summer.

Lo Monaco has been heavily linked with an exit in recent weeks and he has today admitted that his time at the club is almost over.

“I have expressed a desire to leave,” he stated on Monday. “I would have handed in my resignation on June 30, but I don’t want to tell you why. I’ll stay here until the end of the season.”

It’s understood that the official has opted to walk away after a breakdown in his relationship with President Antonino Pulvirenti.

“Over these years I have made this club €45m and I ask for a little respect for what I have done,” Lo Monaco continued.

“I know for a fact that I will leave Catania in good hands as the President is a phenomenon, he manages to make money without doing anything…

“He said some untrue things about me, like when he said that he allowed me into the world of football when I had already worked for northern clubs.

“I turned down some advantageous offers to stay here.

“My future? I haven’t spoken with any other clubs, but I will take a look around.”

Lo Monaco, a transfer specialist in the South American market, has been linked with jobs at Inter, Fiorentina and Napoli.

The official has been with Catania for almost a decade.

Think you know your Italian football? Share your knowledge, tips and comments to win cash prizes in OLBG's tipster competition - £5,000 monthly.

FOOTBALL ITALIA RELATED NEWS

TODAY'S FRONT PAGES