NEWS
Monday May 14 2012
Forlan wants to stay

Contrary to all other reports on the matter, Diego Forlan has denied that he is in talks to leave Inter this summer, stating clearly that he intends to stay.

The Uruguayan has struggled for form and fitness in his single season so far at San Siro and has been widely expected to depart the Nerazzurri this summer.

Reports quickly emerged that the player was in negotiations in Montevideo with Atletico Mineiro, something that over the course of last week was then confirmed by the Brazilian club, Inter and even the player’s father.

However, in returning to Italy earlier than anticipated, the 32-year-old has offered a different angle to the story.

“Lately there has been a lot of speculation about my future, but there’s nothing true,” he told Radio Nuevo Tiempo on Monday.

“I still have a year on my contract at Inter, with an option for the year after, and I intend to respect it. I’m good at Inter and I have no desire to leave.

“I have had an unlucky year. First I had the two consecutive injuries early on in the season, then I returned in a new role. I found it difficult at times, but I do not see anything strange. At Inter I feel great and I know I have the confidence of President [Massimo] Moratti.

“It’s not my intention to go, unless the directors have no intention to use me. But so far, no-one has told me a thing, so I see no reason to think about a transfer.”

Think you know your Italian football? Share your knowledge, tips and comments to win cash prizes in OLBG's tipster competition - £11,000 to be won monthly!

FOOTBALL ITALIA RELATED NEWS

TODAY'S FRONT PAGES