NEWS
Tuesday May 29 2012
'International bidding war for Lavezzi'

President Aurelio De Laurentiis has confirmed “an international bidding war” for Ezequiel Lavezzi, including in China, but Napoli “won’t sign Stevan Jovetic.”

It is well known that Inter, Paris Saint-Germain and Russian side Anzhi are in the race for Lavezzi, although De Laurentiis reveals there are even more offers on the table.

“The needs of the player will of course be important, but whoever wants Pocho will have to pay the buy-out clause,” said the President.

This figure is thought to be around €32m, but no club has so far put forward a pure cash sum.

“In any case, it is an international bidding war, as they are even interested in Lavezzi in China. I will say what Ezequiel wants will also be decisive.”

Fans are already looking to his replacement, including Fiorentina star Jovetic and Parma’s Sebastian Giovinco.

“I like both, but I would never sign Jovetic because it would be an insult to the Della Valle family,” De Laurentiis told Sky Sport Italia.

“Giovinco seems to be heading towards Juventus.”

The Partenopei are in the Europa League next season and have won the Coppa Italia, so are looking to reinforce the squad.

“Walter Mazzarri is an intelligent man and knows perfectly well he must not make excessive requests, but only those within the parameters of our club.

“The job of a Coach is also to make the most out of the material at his disposal.”

Think you know your Italian football? Share your knowledge, tips and comments to win cash prizes in OLBG's tipster competition - £11,000 to be won monthly!

FOOTBALL ITALIA RELATED NEWS

TODAY'S FRONT PAGES