NEWS
Thursday June 14 2012
Sion announce Gattuso deal

Gennaro Gattuso “will complete the deal” with Swiss side Sion tomorrow, snubbing Glasgow Rangers and Galatasaray.

The midfielder is a free agent after his contract with Milan was allowed to expire.

He had been in talks with Rangers, but the Scottish club cannot sign new players due to a transfer embargo while they are under administration.

Today reports emerged Gattuso was considering an offer from Turkish outfit Galatasaray.

However, this evening Sion director of sport Marco Degennaro told Radio Manà Manà that they had reached an agreement.

“We moved well and tomorrow there will be the definitive meeting to complete the deal,” said the Sion chief.

“All the conditions are in place for this operation to be closed. The new Sion will be built around him.

“Gattuso immediately got on well with our President.”

It’s believed one of the reasons behind a two-year contract with Sion is the presence of his friend and former Piacenza captain Gigi Riccio in the coaching staff.

Sion had also been linked with a bid for Alessandro Del Piero, who is still trying to decide his future.

“Del Piero? It would be great to have him here, but let’s keep our feet on the ground.”

Think you know your Italian football? Share your knowledge, tips and comments to win cash prizes in OLBG's World Cup tipster competition - £10,000 to be won!

FOOTBALL ITALIA RELATED NEWS

TODAY'S FRONT PAGES