NEWS
Sunday June 24 2012
Nesta: 'I've had no MLS offers'

Alessandro Nesta admits he “wanted to play in the MLS, but no club contacted me with an offer,” so he could opt for retirement.

The 36-year-old walked away from Milan when his contract expired this summer and said he would continue his playing career abroad, but is still without a new club.

“I didn’t get the chance to play in the MLS,” he told Goal.com. “I tried, but no club contacted me with an offer.

“For now, the only place where I want to play is on a beach.”

There had been reports Nesta would be offered a new contract to stay at Milan next season, but it’s possible he’ll just hang up his boots instead.

Keep up to date with the latest news and action from Spain's Primera Division with Football Espana - from the team behind Football Italia.

FOOTBALL ITALIA RELATED NEWS

TODAY'S FRONT PAGES