NEWS
Friday July 6 2012
New Inter kick off new season

Inter are pumped up for the 2012-13 campaign as they kick off their season, says President Massimo Moratti and captain Javier Zanetti.

The Nerazzurri, minus some big name players such as Julio Cesar and Dejan Stankovic, left for their Pinzolo training retreat earlier on Friday.

“They're all up for it, happy to start again and very keen to be successful,” stated Moratti after the disappointments of last term.

“Is there a feeling of change in the air? Have we moved on? Yes, we need to move on, although it's all relative because we have players here who have made history at the club and who are still part of it today.”

One of those men is veteran Zanetti, a player who was Moratti’s first signing way back in the summer of 1995.

“We're ready to go again and we want to start the season as best we can,” the Argentine told Inter Channel. “We'll work hard so we're ready for our opening games of the season.

“It always means a lot to wear these colours as we embark on a new season – I hope that's the case not only for me, but for the whole squad.

“There are a lot of youngsters here, apart from me of course! All jokes aside, these lads have shown what they're capable of and now we all hope they'll continue to do so.

“We, the older, more experienced guys, need to help them to develop.”

Inter went through three Coaches in 2011-12 and finished the season in a lowly sixth-place, only qualifying for the Europa League on the last day of the campaign.

Think you know your Italian football? Share your knowledge, tips and comments to win cash prizes in OLBG's tipster competition - £11,000 to be won monthly!

FOOTBALL ITALIA RELATED NEWS

TODAY'S FRONT PAGES