NEWS
Saturday August 18 2012
Bologna: 'No Saints deal for Ramirez'

Gaston Ramirez’s move to Southampton is on the verge of collapse. “The offer has not been considered suitable. Bologna cannot be forced to follow the rules of players and agents.”

The 21-year-old Uruguayan told Sky Sport Italia this morning that “there are just a few details missing with Bologna for my transfer to the Saints.”

However, Bologna President Albano Guaraldi has come out for the second time this evening to clarify the increasingly bizarre affair.

“The situation is much more complicated than he thinks. It’s not just about figures, but seeing what is included and what isn’t,” said the President on Sky Sport 24.

“The offer we received has not been considered suitable. His agent has already reached an agreement with the English club, but we haven’t. Now the situation is static, we made our demands and will see what happens.

“I don’t understand why Gaston said those things. I won’t even get into the behaviour of his agent.”

Bologna remain adamant they will not release Ramirez for less than €20m, which is around £15.8m.

“We spoke to the top Italian clubs about Gaston, but I have always been clear: I’d let him go only for a suitable offer, which so far has not arrived. I maintained my consistency and refused the bid.

“I am irritated because one of my players spoke as if he were already at another club, when there still isn’t any agreement.

“I can understand his desire to make the move, but I do not share his timing and methods. All negotiations can collapse, which is why I consider the player’s attitude to be premature.

“The club cannot be forced to follow the rules of players and agents.”

Think you know your Italian football? Share your knowledge, tips and comments to win cash prizes in OLBG's tipster competition - £11,000 to be won monthly!

FOOTBALL ITALIA RELATED NEWS

TODAY'S FRONT PAGES