NEWS
Tuesday September 4 2012
‘Berbatov no great loss’

Juventus’ failed attempt to sign Dimitar Berbatov will not negatively affect their season, says Alessio Tacchinardi.

The Bulgarian snubbed switches to Fiorentina and the Old Lady last week, instead opting to join Premiership side Fulham.

“I have to be honest, he doesn’t excite me as a footballer,” Tacchinardi, a former Bianconero midfielder, told Radio Mana Mana.

“I’ve had the opportunity to come up against him and he doesn’t seem to be a phenomenal player.

“You also have to consider that if a club like Manchester United decided to let go of him, then there must be a reason.

“Italian football has lost nothing.”

Juventus were not able to land a top striker this summer, but Tacchinardi thinks potential success will come from elsewhere in the side.

“Everything will depend on the midfield trio of Andrea Pirlo, Claudio Marchisio and Arturo Vidal,” he continued.

“They are the backbone of the team. If they can withstand the whole campaign then I don’t think there will be any great problems for boss Antonio Conte.”

Think you know your Italian football? Share your knowledge, tips and comments to win cash prizes in OLBG's World Cup tipster competition - £10,000 to be won!

FOOTBALL ITALIA RELATED NEWS

TODAY'S FRONT PAGES