NEWS
Tuesday September 25 2012
Pazzini was forced out of Inter

Milan new boy Giampaolo Pazzini has underlined that there was no way that he could continue his career at Inter. “I was excluded.”

Pazzini swapped San Siro clubs in the last week of the transfer window after Antonio Cassano opted to move in the opposite direction.

“I was disappointed at the end of the last campaign,” the forward told Forza Milan. “It was a peculiar year because we changed a lot of Coaches and, at the end of it, I also lost out on the European Championship with Italy.

“Despite the fact that I trained hard during my holidays, I was told that I had been frozen out of the Inter squad on the first day of pre-season training. I was told that I would not even be used in the friendlies.

“I felt excluded from everything and I was discouraged because I was convinced that I could still do well on the pitch.

“It wasn’t a nice situation to be in, but I continued to work hard out of respect for myself.”

Pazzini was being linked with a host of clubs, but he didn’t hesitate when the Rossoneri made contact.

“It all happened very quickly and I immediately said yes to my agent,” he added. “I don’t think I have made a mistake by coming here.”

Pazzini, 28, has scored three goals in four League games thanks to a hat-trick at Bologna in Week 2.

The former Atalanta and Fiorentina player only joined the Nerazzurri in January 2011 from Sampdoria.

Think you know your Italian football? Share your knowledge, tips and comments to win cash prizes in OLBG's World Cup tipster competition - £10,000 to be won!

FOOTBALL ITALIA RELATED NEWS

TODAY'S FRONT PAGES