NEWS
Friday November 16 2012
Mazzarri wary of Milan threat

Napoli boss Walter Mazzarri has admitted that Milan will pose a problem when the two meet on Saturday.

The Rossoneri have had a poor start to the season, losing six of their first 12 games, but the 51-year-old has conceded that despite this Massimiliano Allegri's side will still cause his team issues.

“Milan have had a whirlwind season so far,” he told a Press conference. “But they are still a strong team.

“When you are not having the best of times you still have to get up and go again – I think the visit of Milan's President today will help them do that.

“Whatever people may think, Milan have a better side than their standing suggests.

“They may be underdogs but that does not make me confident. Our success in the game depends on having the right attitude – if we do that we can beat anyone.”

He also commented on Goran Pandev – who misses out due to a muscle strain – and his replacement Lorenzo Insigne.

“I feel sorry for Pandev,” he said. “He would have loved to have played, but I am confident that Insigne can step up and replace him.

“The boy must play as he knows how, think about the team and remove any anxieties. If he uses the strength of the fans then I'm sure he'll be fine.”

Think you know your Italian football? Share your knowledge, tips and comments to win cash prizes in OLBG's tipster competition - £5,000 monthly.

FOOTBALL ITALIA RELATED NEWS

TODAY'S FRONT PAGES