NEWS
Friday March 1 2013
Prandelli offers Giovinco advice

Italy boss Cesare Prandelli has told the criticised Sebastian Giovinco to just continue working hard at Juventus.

The summer signing from Parma is Juve’s top scorer so far this season and only Andrea Barzagli has played in more games than him for the Old Lady.

However, Giovinco has his detractors in some sections of the Juventus support and within the national media.

“Giovinco needs to listen to the advice of boss Antonio Conte,” Prandelli told Sky Sport Italia. “He needs to keep working as he is doing.”

Conte yesterday again defended the attacker who is expected to start in tonight’s Scudetto clash at Napoli.

“Giovinco was listed in the elections and I voted for him,” Conte joked. “Sebastian has to be calm and he’s very mature. He knows how to cope with the pressure and that is not easy.”

The Turin native is a regular in the national squad of Prandelli, although his record of no goals in 14 caps is used against him by some of his doubters.

Think you know your Italian football? Share your knowledge, tips and comments to win cash prizes in OLBG's World Cup tipster competition - £10,000 to be won!

FOOTBALL ITALIA RELATED NEWS

TODAY'S FRONT PAGES