NEWS
Saturday March 30 2013
Conte: 'Juve beat great Inter'

Antonio Conte praised Inter for causing Juventus problems, but also pointed out “we proved we have got better” after today’s 2-1 victory.

The Bianconeri had been beaten 3-1 in Turin earlier this season, ending their 49-match unbeaten Serie A run, but got revenge this afternoon at San Siro.

“We achieved a great result, as in my view Inter are capable of beating anyone,” Conte told Sky Sport Italia.

“We proved that we have got better since November. I have to compliment my lads, as they were constantly on point. It is always a Match with a capital M against Inter.

“We put another brick down on the foundations of the Scudetto and it’s a step forward, even if there are teams like Napoli and Milan behind us who can’t wait to make the most of any slip-up.

“Juventus now go to Munich with great confidence. We are facing a strong Bayern side, but continue to embrace this dream. In Italy we realised that we are on the right track and now we want to measure ourselves against Europe too.”

Conte had hinted he was considering a move abroad to Chelsea or PSG after his irritation at the constant controversy in the Italian game.

“I was sad to see certain comments in the papers. What I actually said was in there, but the headlines made it look different. One day I could go abroad, but right now my present is here.”

The Coach surprised with his starting XI, picking Fabio Quagliarella and Alessandro Matri, who were both on target.

“Nobody has rotated the strikers the way I have. Quagliarella played in some important games and often started the big matches. I trust the look in the eye of a player, which is rarely wrong.”

Think you know your Italian football? Share your knowledge, tips and comments to win cash prizes in OLBG's tipster competition - £11,000 to be won monthly!

FOOTBALL ITALIA RELATED NEWS

TODAY'S FRONT PAGES