NEWS
Tuesday June 11 2013
'El Shaarawy not off the market'

Adriano Galliani insisted there were no talks for Carlos Tevez and Stephan El Shaarawy “is not off the market.”

Reports emerged over the past few days that Manchester City had offered €25m plus Tevez to tempt Milan into releasing The Little Pharaoh.

“There are no negotiations for Tevez, as for now we have everything we need in attack,” said Vice-President and general manager Galliani.

“The player we received the most requests for is El Shaarawy. I never said he was off the market, because anything can happen during the transfer sessions.”

It is not a reassuring statement for Rossoneri fans, who are concerned the 20-year-old will be sold before he can reach his full potential.

Galliani also commented on rumours Kevin-Prince Boateng is pushing for a move to Chelsea or Monaco.

“Boateng never asked us to be sold and there is no orders from the President to have him leave. We will play 4-3-1-2 next season with either Riccardo Saponara or Boateng as trequartista.”

Earlier this evening, Galliani had announced that Massimo Ambrosini would not be renewing his contract, which expires at the end of the month.

The new captain is going to be Riccardo Montolivo.

Think you know your Italian football? Share your knowledge, tips and comments to win cash prizes in OLBG's World Cup tipster competition - £10,000 to be won!

FOOTBALL ITALIA RELATED NEWS

TODAY'S FRONT PAGES