NEWS
Thursday July 4 2013
Mazzarri replies to Cassano attack

Inter Coach Walter Mazzarri has denied promising Antonio Cassano anything after the new Parma striker’s attack.

Cassano completed his transfer to the Tardini and held his presentation Press conference today, blaming Mazzarri for his exit.

“Walter Mazzarri wanted to set the record straight following statements made by Antonio Cassano during his Press conference at Parma this afternoon,” read a statement on the official Inter website.

“What I said to the club is exactly what I said when I held my press conference in Appiano Gentile. I haven’t spoken to or about the players since then because I was waiting for the start of the season.

“I don’t see how I can have decided who my first-choice players and squad players are before I’ve even had the chance to coach them.

“I’d like to put on record that the last time I spoke to Cassano was at the Inter v Napoli match in the first half of last season. On that occasion I just said hello to him on the pitch.”

Think you know your Italian football? Share your knowledge, tips and comments to win cash prizes in OLBG's tipster competition - £5,000 monthly.

FOOTBALL ITALIA RELATED NEWS

TODAY'S FRONT PAGES