NEWS
Tuesday July 23 2013
Di Natale: I turned down Milan

Udinese striker Antonio Di Natale has confirmed that Milan offered him a chance to move to San Siro this summer.

The veteran was linked with the Diavolo last month and he’s admitted there was truth in those rumours.

“I thank Milan boss Massimiliano Allegri and Vice-President Adriano Galliani for the offer,” he told the Messaggero Veneto.

“To be honest, they were not the only club to make my agent a proposal, but I’ve always said that I want to end my career at Udinese.”

Instead of putting pen to paper with Milan, the 35-year-old opted to extend his contract at the Stadio Friuli until 2015.

“Now everybody is happy,” he added. “The club, the fans and myself.”

Di Natale also confirmed that he has ambitions of playing at the World Cup next summer despite not being selected for the Azzurri since the Final of Euro 2012.

“To be able to play at the Maracana, just once in my life, would be the icing on the cake for my career which has nevertheless been fantastic,” he added.

“However, in order to convince Cesare Prandelli then I have to think about training well and having a  great season for Udinese.”

The former Empoli forward has scored 11 goals in 42 games for his country.

Think you know your Italian football? Share your knowledge, tips and comments to win cash prizes in OLBG's tipster competition - £11,000 to be won monthly!

FOOTBALL ITALIA RELATED NEWS

TODAY'S FRONT PAGES