NEWS
Thursday August 8 2013
Chievo close Schelotto door

Ezequiel Schelotto is being linked with a move abroad after Chievo Verona pulled out of the race to sign the Inter man.

The Stadio Bentegodi outfit were very keen on the wide player given that he had been made available for transfer.

However, Chievo sporting director Giovanni Sartori has told L’Arena that the Italian international will not be netted.

“We are missing a winger, but Schelotto won’t arrive,” the official underlined.

Portuguese side Porto, Spain’s Espanyol and Russian outfit Rubin Kazan are just three clubs said to be monitoring his situation.

The 23-year-old, signed from Atalanta in January, has been frozen out of the Inter squad at the request of new boss Walter Mazzarri.

The former Cesena and Catania player scored once in 12 League games for the Beneamata in 2012-13.

Think you know your Italian football? Share your knowledge, tips and comments to win cash prizes in OLBG's World Cup tipster competition - £10,000 to be won!

FOOTBALL ITALIA RELATED NEWS

TODAY'S FRONT PAGES