NEWS
Wednesday August 21 2013
Cellino: 'Astori had Napoli deal'

Cagliari President Massimo Cellino explained why “a deal was done” with Napoli for Davide Astori and suddenly collapsed.

The defender had been expected to make the move down South last week for €12-14m, but the move was abruptly abandoned during the final negotiations.

“I am a friend to Aurelio De Laurentiis and we did have a deal for Astori,” Cellino told Radio Kiss Kiss.

“However, Napoli did not make themselves heard for several days, ignoring both us and the player.

“At that stage Astori asked me if he should still consider himself a Cagliari player. I said yes, assuring him he wouldn’t be sold.”

Think you know your Italian football? Share your knowledge, tips and comments to win cash prizes in OLBG's World Cup tipster competition - £10,000 to be won!

FOOTBALL ITALIA RELATED NEWS

TODAY'S FRONT PAGES