NEWS
Wednesday September 18 2013
No offers for Sampdoria’s Obiang

The agent of Sampdoria’s Pedro Obiang says some big clubs admire his client, but nobody made an offer for him during the summer.

“There has been contact with Inter, Juventus, Napoli, Monaco and Roma, but no transfer negotiations have ever started,” José Miguel Gonzalez told calciomercato.it.

“And Sampdoria did not receive any official offers for Pedro during the transfer window.”

The 21-year-old netted one goal in 34 League appearances for the Stadio Luigi Ferraris outfit in 2012-13.

The Spanish midfielder signed a new contract at Marassi earlier this year which saw him commit his future to Doria until June 2017.

“It’s only September so it is too early to talk about a transfer in January or at the end of the season,” the representative added.

“He has a contract with the Blucerchiati, one that he renewed not long ago, and he is happy in Genoa.”

Obiang joined Sampdoria from Atletico Madrid in the summer of 2010.

Think you know your Italian football? Share your knowledge, tips and comments to win cash prizes in OLBG's World Cup tipster competition - £10,000 to be won!

FOOTBALL ITALIA RELATED NEWS

TODAY'S FRONT PAGES