NEWS
Monday September 23 2013
It’s a competitive Napoli, says Bigon

Napoli sporting director Riccardo Bigon is keeping his feet on the ground despite his club’s fantastic start to the season.

The Azzurri are leading Serie A – with Roma – after winning all four of their matches so far, while they also beat Borussia Dortmund in the Champions League last week.

“The new signings have made a good contribution to the side,” Bigon told the Corriere dello Sport after the 2-1 win at Milan on Sunday.

“They have integrated well into the squad, they are professional and have arrived with great enthusiasm.

“Will this be our year for the Scudetto? I don’t know, but we will be competing for it,” continued the official.

“We can do well and a positive campaign is within our grasp.”

Bigon sold star striker Edinson Cavani to Paris Saint-Germain in the summer for €64.5m, but he brought in a variety of new faces.

Amongst them were goalkeeper Pepe Reina, defender Raul Albiol, attacking midfielder Jose Callejon and striker Gonzalo Higuain.

The latter, netted from Real Madrid for €37.5m, has scored three goals in four Serie A games so far for the Azzurri.

The Argentine also grabbed the winner at San Siro yesterday.

Think you know your Italian football? Share your knowledge, tips and comments to win cash prizes in OLBG's tipster competition - £5,000 monthly.

FOOTBALL ITALIA RELATED NEWS

TODAY'S FRONT PAGES