NEWS
Friday November 1 2013
Juventus never doubted Tevez

Juventus director Pavel Nedved says the club were certain summer signing Carlos Tevez would be a success in Turin.

The Argentine was netted from Manchester City for an initial €9m and the 29-year-old has caught the eye.

“When we signed him we knew that we were getting a certainty,” the former midfielder told Tuttosport on Friday.

“Carlitos is a phenomenon. We never had any doubts about that and the results are confirming as much.”

The South American has netted six goals in 10 Serie A games so far this term, but Tevez doesn’t just provide the goals.

“Tevez is a leader, there are traits of myself and Antonio Conte in him,” Nedved added. “He certainly could have played in our Juve.

“Carlos is a champion. He is irresistible when he starts chasing after the ball – he just never gives up!”

Think you know your Italian football? Share your knowledge, tips and comments to win cash prizes in OLBG's World Cup tipster competition - £10,000 to be won!

FOOTBALL ITALIA RELATED NEWS

TODAY'S FRONT PAGES