NEWS
Thursday January 30 2014
‘I didn’t expect this situation, but…’

Walter Mazzarri admits that he was unaware of Massimo Moratti’s plans to sell Inter when he arrived last summer, but isn’t taking issue with it.

The Coach was appointed last summer by Moratti, only to see the President sell on the club to Erick Thohir.

Speaking to the Gazzetta dello Sport to mark the release of his autobiography, the 52-year-old made clear his position.

“I have never said anything negative against Moratti and in fact I wrote myself that he had not asked me anything about the subject,” Mazzarri commented in conversation.

“I do not deny it - I found myself facing a different scenario from what I had imagined. Yet with the ‘ifs’ and ‘buts’ there is no story and as always I will transform positively a situation that was both unforeseen and complicated. To me it is just one more incentive.

“There is still a lot of room to assess this season in a positive way, because we all believe. Already I have said this to the fans after Inter-Chievo, we are looking to make up for all the difficulties. The fans can give us an unimaginable strength.

“Of course, compared to what I have been through [with reference to his book], the things that have happened in the last month are nothing. Do you think I should walk away?

“I have said that I’ve been misunderstood? Because sometimes I think I am speaking in the desert, and I’m not referring to Inter.

“And because sometimes, the situations that concern me, are not evaluated for what they really are.”

Think you know your Italian football? Share your knowledge, tips and comments to win cash prizes in OLBG's tipster competition - £11,000 to be won monthly!

FOOTBALL ITALIA RELATED NEWS

TODAY'S FRONT PAGES