NEWS
Friday February 7 2014
Fernando won't sign with Porto - agent

Fernando’s agent has confirmed that the Porto midfielder will not renew his contract with the Portuguese side.

The 26-year-old has been ever-present for the Dragoes this season, impressing in his 30 appearances so far.

But the former Brazil U20 international’s representative has claimed that the player will be leaving in the summer, with Inter and Juventus said to be circling.

“Fernando will not extend his current contract, “Joca Reges told maisfutebol.pt.

“He wants to play in a higher League. Porto are a great team, but they are a step below the likes of Barcelona, Real Madrid and Manchester United.”

Fernando’s current deal ends in June, meaning he will be available on a Bosman in the summer.

Think you know your Italian football? Share your knowledge, tips and comments to win cash prizes in OLBG's tipster competition - £5,000 monthly.

FOOTBALL ITALIA RELATED NEWS

TODAY'S FRONT PAGES