Juventus goalkeeper Gianluigi Buffon has been named as the richest Italian footballer in a list revealed on Monday.
The veteran Azzurri shot-stopper is reported to be worth €63m in Goal.com’s 2014 Rich List, ninth in the overall ranking.
The Goal Rich List is collated by a team of analysts and takes into account all streams of revenue for active footballers over the course of their careers.
Only current professionals are eligible with the earnings of more than 200 contenders assessed before Goal’s experts finalised on their selection.
Real Madrid forward Cristiano Ronaldo tops the list, beating Lionel Messi in second place, whilst Samuel Eto’o of Chelsea comes in third.
Milan playmaker Kaka is revealed to be the highest earner in Serie A with a worth of €82m.
1. Cristiano Ronaldo, Real Madrid €148m (£122m)
2. Lionel Messi, Barcelona €146m (£120.5m)
3. Samuel Eto'o, Chelsea €85m (£70m)
4. Wayne Rooney, Manchester United €84m (£69m)
5. Kaka, AC Milan €82m (£67.5m)
6. Neymar & family, Barcelona €80m (£66m)
7. Ronaldinho, Atletico Mineiro €78m (£64m)
8. Zlatan Ibrahimovic, Paris St-Germain €69m (£57m)
9. Gianluigi Buffon, Juventus €63m (£52m)
10. Thierry Henry, New York Red Bulls €57m (£47m)