Antonio Conte says he is in ‘full harmony’ with Beppe Marotta over potential talks about his future as Juventus Coach.
The tactician has a year left on his current contract but has seen speculation surround his intentions on whether or not to open talks over an extension, which the club have indicated they are willing to discuss.
Whilst reports have indicated that the Old Lady is keen to reach agreement with the 44-year-old inside the next three weeks, he takes value in director general Beppa Marotta’s words that talks will be held once the season is ended.
“Well, I hope that this is the first and last question outside of football, because we have to deal with an commitment against Bologna, a crucial match,” Conte began, in accepting the first, inevitable question at Friday’s Press conference on the issue.
“So I hope that the next questions are purely football. I reiterate what I have said and what the director [Beppe Marotta] has said, which you have written - he has said the same things that I have previously said, with the utmost consistency, in full harmony.
“So if I say something then the director says the same thing, it means that both see it the same way - we are in complete harmony in our views of what to do.
“And I repeat that this is an important moment to think about personal aspects, particularly for me when I have professed to think about ‘us’ and not the just ‘me’.
“ I think it would be a great lack of respect for my players, the club, especially towards our fans, who expect great things from us this year.
“And I feel responsible together with the team to try to achieve something historic with the third Scudetto and to be able to go even further in the Europa League, to move past the semi-finals, which we know will be very difficult, but aware that we can continue.”
Conte was asked about fans who may be concerned at seeing their Coach leave after a potential three Scudetti in a row.
“I said that I would answer one questions and then answer questions on football…”