NEWS
Friday May 16 2014
Bonato: Di Francesco staying

Sassuolo sporting director Nereo Bonato says Coach Eusebio Di Francesco’s position at the club is not at risk.

The tactician led the Neroverdi to the Serie B title last season before being sacked earlier this year, only to return two months later to keep the team in Italy’s top flight.

However, the 44-year-old’s accomplishments have not been enough to prevent speculation that he may be relieved of his duties once again.

“The Coach of our future will be Di Francesco,” Bonato told reporters outside the offices of Lega Calcio. “We will continue with him.

“Next week, once the season is over, we will meet with him and I don’t think there will be any problems as long as big clubs don’t come in for him.”

Bonato was then questioned about the futures of strike duo Domenico Berardi and Simone Zaza, who are on-loan from and co-owned by Juventus respectively.

“Those are things we will assess later, but we hope we can keep both of them. That would be the best solution both for us and for the players.”

Think you know your Italian football? Share your knowledge, tips and comments to win cash prizes in OLBG's tipster competition - £11,000 to be won monthly!

FOOTBALL ITALIA RELATED NEWS

TODAY'S FRONT PAGES