Andrea Mandorlini says he has all but officially signed a new contract at Verona, whilst he chooses to reflect on the positives from this season.
After taking the Gialloblu back into the top flight, the 53-year-old led them to a comfortable top-half finish this term.
Whilst speculation has been over potential interest from other clubs, the Coach has made clear where his future lies.
“My priority has always been Verona. I have never given space to any other possibility,” Mandorlini has told Telearena this week.
“Verona is my home, I will not leave here easily, perhaps they will have to drive me away.
“I have not physically signed the contract, but by Wednesday I will have officially renewed. really believe in this project, it has been a great season.”
It could have been an even better season for the club, but faint Europa League qualification hopes died on the final day of the season with a 5-1 defeat to Napoli.
“At the end of the season, when you are not there with your head and you do not have the right mentality, you pay for it.
“We paid at a mental level for Mazzoleni’s error in Rome, and for then suffering an unjust draw against Udinese.
“Everything began from the match against Lazio, when there was that penalty that was not given. The goalline official did not see it, but Mazzoleni was much further away and in any case still awarded it.
“Beyond the defeat on Sunday, we must cherish this season, which has been fantastic and that will be hard to repeat, even if certainly we will try.
“There were young players who came through, others who were rediscovered. Losing is never nice, but I can only remember all the exciting moments of the season.
“That is something that goes beyond, just look at where we started from.
“Next year the goal will be to avoid relegation, our mindset must not change. This year we managed to achieve safety well in advance, but it remains our goal.
“Did we concede too many goals? Last year we had the best defence, this year we focused much more on individuality.”