NEWS
Wednesday July 23 2014
Tevez warned Juve off Mancini

There are sensational reports in Italy this afternoon suggesting that Carlos Tevez told Juventus directors not to appoint Roberto Mancini.

Following Antonio Conte’s departure last week, the former Galatasaray boss was one of the leading contenders to take over the Bianconeri.

However, Corriere della Sera have claimed today that the Argentine striker openly warned the leaders at the club that he would force a move should they appoint Mancini.

Tevez worked with the 49-year-old at Manchester City, and infamously fell out with the tactician during a Champions League game with Bayern Munich, when he refused to come off the bench.

The goalscorer has put that behind him however, and has become a fan favourite in Turin with his performances.

After becoming one of the most important members of the squad, the 30-year-old is rumoured to have felt it within his power to go straight to the top and force the champions to swerve away from the ex-Sampdoria striker.

Tevez is reported to have said: “I will pack my bags and leave”, should Mancini have been given the job.

As it was, Massimiliano Allegri was appointed.

Think you know your Italian football? Share your knowledge, tips and comments to win cash prizes in OLBG's tipster competition - £11,000 to be won monthly!

FOOTBALL ITALIA RELATED NEWS

TODAY'S FRONT PAGES