NEWS
Wednesday August 6 2014
‘No Higuain-Barca contact’

Gonzalo Higuain’s brother says there has been no contact from Barcelona regarding a move for the player.

The Argentina and Napoli forward, who has previously played for Real Madrid, has been linked with a move to the Catalan giants this summer.

“We have had no contact with the Barcelona directors, nor the Coach,” Nicolas Higuain said to Radio Crc today. “We are respectful and Higuain is a Napoli player.

“The links with Barcelona therefore are like in a film, there is nothing real about it!

“I hope that Higuain and Napoli have a better League season than the one they had last time.

“It would be a great honour for Gonzalo to win the Scudetto with the Azzurri, after Maradona did it too.

“His relationship with Messi is excellent, they are both simple guys and for Gonzalo it is an honour for him to play alongside him in the national team.”

Higuain also added that he does not expect his brother to feature in the Partenopei’s friendly with Barca this evening.

“Higuain is back from his holidays and it is clear that he is not at 100 per cent. I don’t think he will play.”

Think you know your Italian football? Share your knowledge, tips and comments to win cash prizes in OLBG's tipster competition - £11,000 to be won monthly!

FOOTBALL ITALIA RELATED NEWS

TODAY'S FRONT PAGES