NEWS
Friday March 16 2012
Stankovic wants Inter future

Veteran midfielder Dejan Stankovic says he’s not ready to be placed on the Inter scrapheap just yet.

The Beneamata are expected to rejuvenate their squad at the end of the season which could see some of the old guard sacrificed.

“I still have two years left on my contract and I can keep pedalling,” the Serbian midfielder told Inter Channel.

“I have even more desire to play, to not give up. The emotions I’m feeling, that we all felt the other night in our stadium against Marseille, were a real display of love and affection.

“It was amazing being there against Barcelona or Chelsea in the year of the treble. But it was also easier. I felt unbelievable shivers down my spine. This means that I need to play for another three of four years if I'm still feeling these emotions.

“Everyone knows what I'm like. When I think I can no longer do it, when I feel I can no longer give to Inter everything that Inter deserve, I'll hold my hands up, and thank the President and everyone at the club for everything I've learned and won at Inter.

“When that moment comes, I'll tell you, but for the moment I’m still really up for it.”

Stankovic, 33, has made 18 League appearances for the Nerazzurri so far this season, but he has yet to score.

Inter have had a campaign to forget. Out of the Champions League and the Coppa Italia, they are eight points away from third place in Serie A.

Think you know your Italian football? Share your knowledge, tips and comments to win cash prizes in OLBG's World Cup tipster competition - £10,000 to be won!

FOOTBALL ITALIA RELATED NEWS

TODAY'S FRONT PAGES