NEWS

Italy will return to competitive action on Friday when they begin their 2014 World Cup qualifying campaign in Bulgaria.
Sebastian Giovinco of Juventus could be one of the revelations of this season’s Champions League, says Luciano Spalletti.
Real Madrid boss Jose Mourinho says he has no problem with Antonio Conte being described as the Italian Special One. “I’m honoured.”
Former Juventus ‘keeper Stefano Tacconi expects Milan and Inter to struggle in Serie A. “They’ll need time.”
Pablo Osvaldo has hailed Roma teammate Francesco Totti as a man and a player. “He’s a great.”
Fiorentina have rejected reports that they made a bid for Villarreal’s Giuseppe Rossi during the summer transfer window.
Atalanta goalkeeper Andrea Consigli has revealed the secret behind his penalty saving exploits. “I study!”
Francesco Totti thinks Alessandro Del Piero is the best advert for Italian football following his switch to Sydney.
Today's front-page headlines from La Gazzetta dello Sport, the Corriere dello Sport and Tuttosport.
It was only a formality, but Parma have officially signed Manuel Alejandro Arteaga from Zulic FC.
Modibo Diakitè has been dropped from Lazio’s Europa League squad and his agents confirm “we received a proposal from Terek Grozny.”
Daniele De Rossi has shaken off his ankle injury and took part in today’s game between ranks as Italy prepare to face Bulgaria on Friday.
Italy need only a point against Liechtenstein to qualify for the European Under-21 Championships and Devis Mangia demands “a win with entertainment.”
Alessandro Del Piero’s former agent suggests he turned down Liverpool because of Heysel and will return from Sydney to “become President of the FIGC one day.”
Bulgaria have named their squad to take on Italy and Armenia in the 2014 World cup qualifiers, but it does not include Dimitar Berbatov.
Giuseppe Sannino replied to Palermo chief Maurizio Zamparini’s criticism. “The focus on what the President says is weighing on us.”
Fiorentina didn’t get to sign Dimitar Berbatov and are demanding compensation. “We want the airplane ticket refunded!”
Italian defender Massimo Volta says he didn’t have to think about joining Levante for a second and he hopes to turn his loan into a permanent switch.
Fiorentina will be without midfielder Francesco Della Rocca for at least a month after he underwent surgery for a hernia.
Fabrizio Ravanelli says he understands why former teammate Alessandro Del Piero has opted to play his football for Sydney FC.
Samuele Longo insists the decision to accept a loan switch to Espanyol from Inter was the best move for himself and the Italian club.
Parma have revealed that boss Roberto Donadoni and director general Pietro Leonardi could have left the club over the summer.
Udinese have denied claims that they have omitted Maicosuel from their Europa League squad as punishment for costing them a place in the Champions League.
Christian Maggio has been quickly seduced by the ability of new Napoli teammate Lorenzo Insigne. “He’s a better finisher than Ezequiel Lavezzi.”
Roma’s Pablo Osvaldo is happy to be back in the Italian squad after missing out on a place at Euro 2012.
Sydney FC chief Scott Barlow has spoken of his delight with the club’s capture of Italian legend Alessandro Del Piero.
Carlo Mazzone says he’s disappointed that Alessandro Del Piero has decided to join Australian outfit Sydney.
Palermo chief Maurizio Zamparini insists that boss Giuseppe Sannino is safe – but advised him to play new boy Paulo Dybala.
Alessandro Del Piero insists that he chose to join Sydney because it was the perfect destination to continue his playing career.
A decision on whether the Stadio San Paolo will be ready to host the Napoli-Parma game will be made next week.
Luciano Spalletti has revealed that he was previously close to becoming the Coach of Italian giants Milan.
Mario Balotelli will be out of action "for around 10 days" after undergoing laser eye surgery to cure his conjunctivitis and short-sightedness.
The Australian agent behind Alessandro Del Piero’s move to Sydney FC reveals how this deal came about. “I’ve been working on it for three months.”
Cesare Prandelli is expected to revive the 3-5-2 system in Italy’s World Cup qualifier against Bulgaria, using Sebstian Giovinco and Pablo Daniel Osvaldo together.
Adriano Galliani has demanded Milan “find a solution to the real problem” after notching up 137 injuries in two years.

TODAY'S FRONT PAGES