NEWS

It’s a relegation dogfight this evening between Catania and Cagliari at the Stadio Massimino.
Livorno President Aldo Spinelli confessed he’s considering retirement, but wants to “leave the club in Serie A.”
Gonzalo Higuain expressed his joy at playing for Napoli. “It’s the perfect city for football. I set myself no limits.”
Roberto Baggio played for both Juventus and Fiorentina, but tips Carlos Tevez to make the difference tomorrow.
Inter welcome back Hernanes, but face Torino without Ricky Alvarez, Juan Jesus or Walter Samuel.
Serse Cosmi made a successful Pescara debut, but Latina flattened Brescia to go third and Lanciano crumbled in Bari.
Milan reshuffle their line-up with Keisuke Honda and Giampaolo Pazzini as they visit Antonio Di Natale’s Udinese.
Edy Reja said it “hurts my heart” to see the fan protest that empties the Olimpico for Lazio’s game with Atalanta.
Andre Villas Boas praised Cesare Prandelli’s Italy side and Serie A, warning his next job won’t be in the Premier League.
Borja Valero sits out a ban as Fiorentina visit Juventus in the first of three meetings over two weeks.
Andrea Pirlo is suspended, but Giorgio Chiellini returns for Juventus-Fiorentina on Sunday.
Walter Mazzarri is concerned as Inter take on Torino with a revamped defence, but welcomes back Hernanes.
Spanish media claim Atletico Madrid are preparing a huge offer for Inter midfielder Ricky Alvarez.
Roma Coach Rudi Garcia believes “all the pressure is on Napoli” tomorrow and defended Daniele De Rossi.
Francesco Totti is still out for Roma’s trip to Napoli, but Kevin Strootman is available after an injury with Holland.
Agent Mino Raiola insists Paul Pogba doesn’t need a contract renewal. “We are interested only in Juventus, the perfect marriage.”
Rafa Benitez warned Napoli-Roma must be treated as “a Final” for an automatic Champions League spot.
Rafa Benitez has named his Napoli squad to face Roma on Sunday, including new goalkeeper Toni Doblas.
La Gazzetta dello Sport found only six Serie A clubs ran at a profit last year, while Inter lost €82.7m.
Ronaldo believes Juventus “stole two Scudetti” from Inter and Calciopoli confirmed “something dirty was going on.”
Vincenzo Montella says Fiorentina must “not be victims” when taking on Juventus for the first of three clashes.
English newspapers claim Inter are prepared to offer £20m for Chelsea striker Fernando Torres.
Adel Taarabt feels he “flourished” at Milan and did nothing but “waste two or three years” with QPR and Fulham.
Claudio Marchisio talked about his Juventus future, including the triple showdown with Fiorentina.
Riccardo Montolivo’s agent says “Atletico Madrid, Borussia Dortmund and Arsenal” want the Milan midfielder.
Empoli’s crisis intensified with a home defeat to fellow promotion contenders Avellino after two red cards.
Milan pay a tricky visit to Antonio Di Natale’s Udinese today, but on Sunday there’s Juventus-Fiorentina and Napoli-Roma.
Today's front page headlines from La Gazzetta dello Sport, the Corriere dello Sport and Tuttosport.
Fiorentina President Andrea Della Valle has described Friday’s decision to reduce Borja Valero’s ban by one match as a ‘defeat for football.’
Inter midfielder Hernanes says is very happy with the decision he made to join the club, a month after moving to San Siro.
Corriere della Sera are reporting that Inter are lining up a summer transfer bid for Manchester United forward Javier Hernandez.
Roma sporting director Walter Sabatini insists Daniele De Rossi did not throw a punch to the face of Mauro Icardi last Sunday.
Juventus President Andrea Agnelli says the club’s popularity in Japan is vital in its attempts to expand its global brand.
Sky Sport are reporting that Roma talisman Francesco Totti is making good progress as he continues his recovery from a buttock injury.
Borja Valero’s four match ban after being sent off against Parma has been reduced by one game, it has been confirmed.

TODAY'S FRONT PAGES