NEWS

Mario Balotelli will miss the game against Juventus after Milan opted against appealing his three-match ban.
Milan’s Mario Balotelli could be omitted from the next Italy squad as further punishment for his three-match ban.
Torino’s Danilo D'Ambrosio is not listening to rumours that he could be included in the next Italy squad.
Fabio Capello thinks Daniele De Rossi should have left Roma for Manchester United during the summer.
Croatia and Bayern Munich forward Mario Mandzukic says he was a transfer target for Juventus last year.
Napoli chief Aurelio De Laurentiis has stated that the club initially wanted to sign Leandro Damiao rather than Gonzalo Higuain.
Milan assistant boss Mauro Tassotti says Mario Balotelli stepped over the line with his post-match protests following the loss to Napoli.
Brescia will face Carpi in Serie B this evening without Marco Giampaolo after the Coach went AWOL.
Today's front-page headlines from La Gazzetta dello Sport, the Corriere dello Sport and Tuttosport.
Reports in the British Press suggest that Tottenham could make a January move for Milan forward M’Baye Niang.
Francesco Guidolin has named his 23-man Udinese squad for the match against Genoa on Tuesday.
Milan have confirmed that they will be appealing Mario Balotelli’s three-match ban after he was sent off against Napoli.
Fabio Liverani has named his 23-man Genoa squad for the game against Udinese on Tuesday, but will be without a number of key players.
Christian Maggio’s agent has insisted that the even though the defender has to have a knee operation, it is ‘nothing to worry about’.
Reports in the Spanish Press claim that Juventus are likely to make a move for Real Madrid midfielder Xabi Alonso.
Inter captain Javier Zanetti has given his backing to incoming owner Erick Thohir, after it was revealed the businessman is likely to take over from Massimo Moratti.
Roma President James Pallotta has commented on Sunday’s derby win, claiming he is delighted for everyone at the club.
Udinese boss Francesco Guidolin has urged his side to forget the defeat to Chievo on Saturday and focus on the match with Genoa tomorrow.
Milan’s Mario Balotelli is not the only player to be handed a three-match ban today as Bologna’s Cesare Natali has been given an identical suspension.
Napoli have revealed Christian Maggio will require knee surgery after picking up a meniscus injury.
Mario Balotelli’s post-game confrontation with the referee has cost him a three-match ban. He’ll miss Milan’s games against Bologna, Sampdoria and Juventus.
Sky Italia are reportedly ready to offer even more money for Serie A television rights – but only in return for exclusivity.
Giandomenico Mesto did consider leaving Napoli during the summer amid fears that he would struggle for games.
Fiorentina’s Giuseppe Rossi is rippling the net every 94 minutes so far this season, according to Gazzetta dello Sport statistics.
After another thrilling weekend of superb shots and stunning saves, Dave Taylor picks his best XI from the latest round of Serie A action.
Milan boss Massimiliano Allegri will not be rushed into fielding summer signing Riccardo Saponara.
Ignazio Abate is struggling to understand the eight-point gap between his Milan side and League leaders Napoli.
Diego Maradona fired up Napoli striker Gonzalo Higuain ahead of the Milan game on Sunday evening.
Carlos Tevez scored his third League goal for Juventus on Sunday, but he was delighted to see Fernando Llorente join him on the scoresheet.
Torino chief Urbano Cairo wouldn’t be surprised to see Danilo D’Ambrosio break into the Italian national set-up.
Inter may have scored seven at the weekend, but Andrea Ranocchia is just as happy with the clean sheet at Sassuolo.
Milan will be forced to pay Real Madrid a small fee for Kaka if the Diavolo finish in the top three, claims the Gazzetta dello Sport.
Domenico Di Carlo and Serse Cosmi are being paired with Sassuolo should the club axe boss Eusebio Di Francesco.
Inter chief Massimo Moratti admits he’s been surprised by the immediate impact of boss Walter Mazzarri.
Napoli sporting director Riccardo Bigon is keeping his feet on the ground despite his club’s fantastic start to the season.

TODAY'S FRONT PAGES