NEWS
Tuesday August 9 2011
Moratti: 'We'll evaluate Eto'o offer'

Inter President Massimo Moratti confirmed they “will evaluate the Anzhi offer along with Samuel Eto'o and our directors.”

Marco Branca said earlier today that the Nerazzurri had received a proposal from the Russian side for their star striker.

Now the club patron has come out with an official statement on the Inter website.

“The offer can be described as interesting, intelligent, congruous and worthy of the player,” said Moratti.

“I won't judge whether it qualifies as an ‘indecent' offer or not, but I can say it is intelligent and equal to the value of the player.

“We will evaluate the offer along with Eto'o and our directors in the next few days.”

It's reported Anzhi have proposed around €30m plus a contract worth a world record €17m per season.

Moratti had said earlier this summer he would only release Eto'o for an ‘indecent proposal.'

Think you know your Italian football? Share your knowledge, tips and comments to win cash prizes in OLBG's tipster competition - £11,000 to be won monthly!

TODAY'S FRONT PAGES