Antonio Di Natale is ready to respond to the Italy call should boss Cesare Prandelli recall him to the squad.
The Udinese striker hasn’t played for his country since World Cup 2010, but Prandelli last week insisted that he could still select the veteran for Euro 2012.
“If Prandelli recalls him then he will enthusiastically respond to it,” agent Bruno Carpeggiani told TMW on Monday.
“We believe the Coach when he says that he knows what position Di Natale plays in and he has no need to test him out.”
The tactician is looking for some new striking options after losing Antonio Cassano and Giuseppe Rossi for the next six months.
Milan man Cassano is recovering from minor heart surgery, while the Villarreal ace damaged knee ligaments recently.
“At this moment Toto is just concentrating on Udinese and the club’s objectives,” Carpeggiani continued.
“I’m not surprised by what he is doing though. After all, we’ve not only just discovered what Di Natale is capable of.”
The former Empoli man currently leads the top scorers’ charts after winning the Capocannoniere crown for the last two campaigns.
Think you know your Italian football? Share your knowledge, tips and comments to win cash prizes in OLBG's World Cup tipster competition - £10,000 to be won!