NEWS
Tuesday December 13 2011
Marotta puts away Juve chequebook

Juventus director general Beppe Marotta has warned fans that the club won’t be making any big game signings during January.

The Old Lady have been linked with a number of new elements, but the club official has eased expectations.

“The club made some significant investment in the summer and I don’t think we’ll be making any more,” he told Sky Sport Italia.

“Saying that, if there are some opportunities, like Andrea Barzagli last year, then we’ll look to take advantage of them if we can.”

Centre-back Barzagli, 30, joined the Bianconeri from Wolfsburg for an initial transfer fee of €300,000 as he had less than six months left on his contract.

While Juve may not buy after Christmas, they are expected to sell – starting with unwanted striker Amauri.

“We spoke to him last week,” Marotta said of the reported Tottenham target. “He wants to find a new club as soon as possible. We just have to find the right buyer.”

The former Sampdoria director also again denied speculation that the outfit could sell Milos Krasic after he lost his place in the first team.

“At this moment in time he is not demonstrating the value that he has, but he is a strong player and he’s proved it.”

Think you know your Italian football? Share your knowledge, tips and comments to win cash prizes in OLBG's tipster competition - £5,000 monthly.

FOOTBALL ITALIA RELATED NEWS

TODAY'S FRONT PAGES