NEWS
Thursday December 16 2010
Agnelli: 'Calciopoli is ridiculous'

Juventus President Andrea Agnelli has launched a scathing attack on the club's treatment after Calciopoli, calling the judicial proceedings 'ridiculous'.

The 35-year-old has made no secret of his desire to see Juventus completely exonerated at the Calciopoli trial in Naples.

Earlier this year, he held a meeting with the President of the FIGC Giancarlo Abete to let him know that he intends to ask for the two revoked titles back.

Speaking at a dinner, Agnelli said: "Calciopoli has been a ridiculous [judicial] process. The lawyers have told me that they haven't even managed to read all the papers.

"In recent years we have abused the patience of our fans. Now we are still waiting for the decisions of ordinary justice. If they could accelerate…"

Agnelli then put the past to one side for a moment and concentrated on the present, giving his opinion of Juventus' season so far.

"There are the conditions to do well and we will fight to win."

On turning his intention to the transfer window, he said: "If there are important opportunities on the market in January, we will of course take them because the renovation at Juventus is continuous."

Asked about Alessandro Del Piero's contract situation, he said: "He has my utmost respect and admiration and among other things a real friendship ties us together.

"Alex turned 36 in November and within a few months we'll evaluate his future together, confronting his needs and Juventus' in commercial terms."

Think you know your Italian football? Share your knowledge, tips and comments to win cash prizes in OLBG's World Cup tipster competition - £10,000 to be won!

FOOTBALL ITALIA RELATED NEWS

TODAY'S FRONT PAGES