NEWS
Thursday December 29 2011
Milan update on Tevez and Pato

Milan have confirmed that they still hope to sign Carlos Tevez in January, while they have ruled out selling Alexandre Pato to Paris Saint-Germain.

The Rossoneri have agreed personal details with the Argentine attacker, but Manchester City have so far refused to sell on the Italian club’s terms.

Milan want the forward player on loan with an option to buy him outright at the end of the campaign. City would like something more permanent.

“We’re just waiting for the negotiations for Tevez to unblock,” Vice-President Adriano Galliani told Milan Channel.

“We’ve decided to forget about other options, including Maxi Lopez of Catania, because we only want Tevez.

“He has said that he wants to leave City and he’ll only do so to come here to Milan,” the former Lega Calcio chief continued.

“If a player arrives then it will be a top world class one, otherwise we won’t be making any signings.”

Galliani was then inevitably asked to comment on the speculation that Pato could be on his way to Paris SG for €50m.

“There is no negotiation going on with Paris Saint-Germain for Pato,” he underlined.

“There has been no contact with the player and none between us and PSG. There is no truth in it. I’ve been trying to tell the newspapers as much, but they don’t believe me.”

The Brazilian striker is being paired with PSG given his admission earlier this week that he does have some problems with Milan boss Massimiliano Allegri.

His agent has also left the door open for a switch by insisting that they would consider a move if Milan opted to sell.

Think you know your Italian football? Share your knowledge, tips and comments to win cash prizes in OLBG's tipster competition - £11,000 to be won monthly!

FOOTBALL ITALIA RELATED NEWS

TODAY'S FRONT PAGES