Tuesday January 24 2012
PSG pull out of Tevez chase

Milan may be back in the race to sign Carlos Tevez after Paris Saint-Germain ended their pursuit of the Manchester City man.

PSG were favourites to net the Argentine after the Italian club seemingly pulled out of negotiations for the striker earlier this month.

However, PSG sporting director Leonardo has told L’Equipe that the former Manchester United ace will not be arriving.

“We’ve ended the talks,” said the ex-Milan and Inter tactician. “There was an opportunity to sign him, but it is over.

“We did our calculations, we made a good offer but we’ve been unable to reach an agreement. We don’t intend to overpay in order to sign him.”

Tevez is currently in his homeland after clashing with Manchester City boss Roberto Mancini earlier this season. He hasn’t played first team football since September.

Milan yesterday admitted that they still hope to land Tevez even if they have done a deal with Catania for Maxi Lopez.

Keep up to date with the latest news and action from Spain's Primera Division with Football Espana - from the team behind Football Italia.