NEWS
Thursday March 1 2012
First signs of Juve-Milan peace

Juventus and Milan have taken the first steps towards renewed peace, while Philippe Mexes has also said sorry.

The relationship between the two clubs was already strained going into last week’s Serie A clash and things hardly improved after it.

The decision to not award Sulley Muntari’s goal, despite it being clearly over the line, infuriated the Rossoneri.

So much so that Vice-President Adriano Galliani exchanged angry words with Juve boss Antonio Conte during the half-time interval.

The fall-out continued after the game which eventually ended 1-1.

However, with tension rising, the Gazzetta dello Sport claims that Bianconero President Andrea Agnelli has contacted Galliani by phone in a bid to heal the wounds.

Meanwhile, Milan’s Mexes has also publicly apologised for punching Marco Borriello during the game. TV evidence was subsequently used to hand him a three-game ban.

“I said sorry to referee Paolo Tagliavento [who took charge of France’s international last night] and I want to do the same to Borriello and my teammates who will now be without me for three matches.”

Follow Football Italia on Facebook and Twitter for the latest Italian football chat

FOOTBALL ITALIA RELATED NEWS

TODAY'S FRONT PAGES