Italy boss Cesare Prandelli has again opened the international doors to Manchester City's Mario Balotelli.
The latter was omitted from the squad for last week’s defeat against America as punishment for his dismissal against Tottenham earlier this season.
The striker has since defended himself in an interview with the Gazzetta dello Sport, but underlined that he wants to play for his country at Euro 2012.
“I’m happy with what Mario said about the national side and his desire to be part of the group,” Prandelli told the Gazzetta on Thursday.
“I wasn’t wanting an apology, I just want all the players to have the respect for the rules which have been put into place.
“Mario knows that I consider him to be an important player, I speak about him as a first teamer, but there has to be some guarantees that I can count on him.”
City boss Roberto Mancini recently suggested that marriage would do the former Inter player some good.
“Giampiero Boniperti used to advise me of the same thing all of the time [at Juventus],” Prandelli continued.
“They were different times though. It’s a decision that he’ll have to make.”
Tickets for the Champions League final between Juventus and Real Madrid are still on sale with reseller Viagogo - Click to find out more