NEWS
Tuesday January 4 2011
Blackburn admit to bid for Dinho

Blackburn Rovers have made a volte-face by admitting that despite earlier denials, they have bid for Milan star Ronaldinho.

Earlier this week, reports emerged that the Premier League outfit had faxed an offer worth £6.2m to the Serie A leaders, something the club initially denied.

Asked to comment on the speculation, the chairman of Blackburn's news owners Venky's, told BBC Radio Lancashire that the club is doing everything to bring the Brazilian to Ewood Park.

"He is keen to play in the EPL and I think that goes in our favour," said Anuradha Desai.

"To be precise [it is] €7.6m for the first year and about €8.5m for the second and third years."

Blackburn manager Steve Kean also acknowledged Rovers' interest.

"I know there has been contact made by the owners to representatives of Ronaldinho, but I don't know how far down the line it is and whether it will actually happen.

"If any Premier League manager was asked if they wanted to sign someone who has been World Player of the Year twice they would be interested."

Think you know your Italian football? Share your knowledge, tips and comments to win cash prizes in OLBG's tipster competition - £11,000 to be won monthly!

FOOTBALL ITALIA RELATED NEWS

TODAY'S FRONT PAGES