NEWS
Wednesday January 12 2011
Balotelli doesn't need operation

Manchester City striker Mario Balotelli does not need another knee operation, according to his agent Mino Raiola.

The 20-year-old Italy international has suffered a reoccurrence of the injury that meant he had to go under the knife earlier this season.

He is expected to be out of action for a month, adding yet more disappointment to his debut season in England.

Speaking to Sky Italia, Raiola said: "For Balotelli at the moment we rule out an operation.

"We doing tests but for the moment an operation is ruled out."

Asked if his client is worried about the arrival of Edin Dzeko from Wolfsburg, he said: "The more strikers the better it is. Mario enjoys himself this way. He likes to have fun so there is no problem.

"He isn't thinking about being afraid if Dzeko or Messi or the others come in.

"He believes that he is a strong player. He believes in his chances.

"Mario is happy at the moment. My advice is to stay in England."

Think you know your Italian football? Share your knowledge, tips and comments to win cash prizes in OLBG's tipster competition - £11,000 to be won monthly!

FOOTBALL ITALIA RELATED NEWS

TODAY'S FRONT PAGES