NEWS
Wednesday January 19 2011
Mac turns down Cesena

Palermo striker Massimo Maccarone has turned down a move to Cesena, according to Tuttosport.

Last week, the 31-year-old was told he is up for sale after just six months in Sicily.

Maccarone has already generated a great deal of interest up and down the peninsula.

Cesena are said to have been among the first to make their interest concrete.

Massimo Ficcadenti is in the market for a striker and had tried to sign Adrian Mutu from Fiorentina.

However, Maccarone isn't convinced and will talk to Sampdoria, Fiorentina and Chievo.

"By Friday we'll have been in contact with various directors of sport and we'll consider the offers," Paolo Fabbri, the player's agent, said.

"For now Palermo rule out the player leaving on loan, so what remains is part ownership or an outright sale.

"The player wants to stay in Italy and he has asked me to find a club of equal stature to Palermo."

Follow Football Italia on Facebook and Twitter for the latest Italian football chat

FOOTBALL ITALIA RELATED NEWS

TODAY'S FRONT PAGES