NEWS
Wednesday March 2 2011
Napoli will step up interest in Inler

There is mounting speculation that Napoli will make a bid for Udinese midfielder Gokhan Inler this summer.

Napoli's interest is longstanding and it's thought that they inquired about the player in January.

Udinese director Gino Pozzo said: "Napoli asked us about Inler again, but we declined the offer."

However, after Napoli's exit from the Europa League last week, Aurelio De Laurentiis made no secret of his desire to sign the Switzerland international.

"I can confirm it," he said. "Gokhan is a player who interests us."

Inler is Napoli's No 1 transfer target ahead of next season. Indeed, central midfield has been identified as a problem area at the San Paolo.

The 26-year-old would cost around €15m but Napoli's relationship with Udinese is good and there is a sense of optimism about the deal.

Think you know your Italian football? Share your knowledge, tips and comments to win cash prizes in OLBG's tipster competition - £11,000 to be won monthly!

FOOTBALL ITALIA RELATED NEWS

TODAY'S FRONT PAGES