Riccardo Montolivo and Fiorentina are ready to sit down and discuss their future options together.
Montolivo's current contract expires in 2012 which has raised some doubts over where he will be playing his football next term.
The Viola have offered him a new agreement, but the Italian international has so far opted against putting pen to paper.
"There will be a meeting very soon," said the former Atalanta playmaker. "However, decisions are made by both parties."
Montolivo has been associated with Inter, Milan and, most recently, Juventus – the team he faced on Sunday in the 0-0 draw.
Juve boss Gigi Del Neri fuelled rumours of a summer swoop by admitting his admiration for the talent.
"He has great quality and is an excellent player," Del Neri noted. "Despite his similarity to Alberto Aquilani, they'd make a great pair together."
Nevertheless, Fiorentina have rejected suggestions that their captain will join their fierce Serie A rivals.
"I've read that Juventus want him, but now is not the time for transfers," said patron Andrea Della Valle. "These Juve stories are just fantasy."
It's claimed that Juve could offer Fiorentina striker Amauri and attacker Jorge Martinez as part of their bid for Montolivo.
Think you know your Italian football? Share your knowledge, tips and comments to win cash prizes in OLBG's World Cup tipster competition - £10,000 to be won!