NEWS
Wednesday May 11 2011
Italian clubs snub Rossi

Giuseppe Rossi's representative says that there are no Italian clubs who have made an offer for the Villarreal player.

Speaking to Sky Sport Italia, Federico Pastorello admitted previous contact with Milan but added that it has gone all quiet for the time being.

"At the moment no Italian club has come forward," the representative noted. "Last year I spoke with [Milan Vice-President Adriano] Galliani, but nothing ever came of it."

Rossi, formerly of Parma and Manchester United, has enjoyed a fine campaign in Spain which has increased his market price.

"Whoever wants him will have to hand over at least €30m," Pastorello continued.

"He's just renewed his contract with Villarreal, he's happy there and he'll only ask to leave if he gets a great offer from a top club."

Barcelona are also said to be interested in the Azzurri international.

In January, when Tottenham failed in a bid to sign him, Rossi committed his future to his Spanish club until June 2016.

Think you know your Italian football? Share your knowledge, tips and comments to win cash prizes in OLBG's tipster competition - £5,000 monthly.

FOOTBALL ITALIA RELATED NEWS

TODAY'S FRONT PAGES