NEWS
Saturday May 14 2011
Maicon agent dismisses Besiktas bid

Douglas Maicon's agent dismissed Besiktas' claims they were in talks for the Inter right-back. “At the moment he is not for sale.”

Last night Besiktas directors told Turkish CNN that they would wrap up a transfer for Maicon “within two weeks,” but the Brazilian's representative denies these links.

“There is daily contact with Inter and as far as I can tell he is not for sale,” agent Roberto Calenda told Sky Sport Italia.

“If there had been an offer then we would've known about it, but we've heard absolutely nothing regarding Besiktas.

“At the moment he is not for sale, even if you can never say never in football.”

A far more likely destination would be Real Madrid, as Jose Mourinho already tried to reunite with Maicon last summer.

“Being the best right-back in the world, it's only normal that he should be of interest to the biggest European clubs, but he is happy at Inter and does not intend to leave.”

Think you know your Italian football? Share your knowledge, tips and comments to win cash prizes in OLBG's tipster competition - £11,000 to be won monthly!

FOOTBALL ITALIA RELATED NEWS

TODAY'S FRONT PAGES