NEWS
Friday June 10 2011
Lucio contract talks continue

There is confidence that Inter and Lucio will soon agree terms over a new contract at the Stadio Giuseppe Meazza.

"The renewal talks are being looked after by his agent Becker, whom I collaborate with, but there is no reason for any concern," representative Alessandro Lucci told Mediaset.

"Talks have already begun and there is a good base on which to build on. There is no problem as Lucio is happy at Inter and wants to remain."

The Brazilian is only tied to the Nerazzurri until 2012 and both parties want to continue their relationship.

However, according to reports, there is a difference of opinion regarding both the length of the contract and the salary.

Lucio is asking for a deal until 2014, but the San Siro giants are proposing an agreement until 2013 instead.

The stopper, who turned 33 last month, joined the Nerazzurri in the summer of 2009 from Bayern Munich.

"I hope to stay here," Lucio told Inter Channel in May. "I'm waiting for my agreement to be renewed because it is my desire to remain.

"I have been at this club for two years now and they have been wonderful, but it will be up to Inter to decide."

Think you know your Italian football? Share your knowledge, tips and comments to win cash prizes in OLBG's World Cup tipster competition - £10,000 to be won!

FOOTBALL ITALIA RELATED NEWS

TODAY'S FRONT PAGES